We want to give you the latest travel advisory regarding the land, sea, and air transportation in the Philippines. We update this post on a daily basis to give you the most accurate and reliable information.
As you are already aware, traveling to/from a place under Enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) is prohibited. Since Cebu City is still under ECQ, traveling to/from the city is not allowed.
Here are the latest updates:
TRAVEL GUIDE CONTENTS
- 1 September 30, 2020
- 2 August 18, 2020
- 3 August 5, 2020
- 4 August 4, 2020
- 5 August 3, 2020
- 6 August 1, 2020
- 7 July 31, 2020
- 8 July 19, 2020
- 9 July 18, 2020
- 10 July 16, 2020
- 11 July 15, 2020
- 12 July 13, 2020
- 13 July 9, 2020
- 14 July 8, 2020
- 15 July 7, 2020
- 16 July 2, 2020
- 17 July 1, 2020
September 30, 2020
Twelve modified provincial bus routes will start operating today, September 30, 2020, according to a circular announced by the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB). Read more
August 18, 2020
Metro Manila and nearby provinces are now back to GCQ. Public transportation (MRT, LRT, P2P, Metro Manila buses) will resume tomorrow, 19 August 2020.
August 5, 2020
Wearing of face shields
Aside from face masks, wearing of face shields will be mandatory for all passengers in areas where public transportation is allowed effective 15 August 2020.
August 4, 2020
Domestic flights to/from NAIA are suspended
All domestic flights to/from NAIA are now temporarily suspended until the MECQ is lifted.
August 3, 2020
NCR and nearby provinces back to MECQ
President Rodrigo Roa Duterte on Sunday night, August 2, reverted the National Capital Region (NCR) and the provinces of Laguna, Cavite, Rizal and Bulacan to modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) effective midnight August 4, 2020.
Public mass transporation operation will be suspended from August 4-18, 2020 or until further notice.
August 1, 2020
Requirements of different LGUs for sea vessel passengers from Cebu
Please take note of the requirement set by different LGUs for sea vessel passengers from Cebu City. There are different set of requirements so make sure have what’s required for the LGU that you are going to.
- Travel Authority
- Medical Certificate
- Barangay Certificate stating non-PUM/PUI
- Valid ID
- Rapid Test Result
- RT-CPR Test showing Negative result
- Letter of acceptance by receiving LGU
- Must be fetched by receiving LGU
Again, LGUs have different set of requirements, so please check the photo below.
July 31, 2020
Community Quarantine Status from August 1-15, 2020
- National Capital Region
- Cebu City
- Lapu-Lapu City
- Mandaue City
- Talisay City
- Zamboanga City
- Rest of the Philippines
Ferry Travel to/from Cebu
- Cokaliong and Trans-Asia will resume accepting passengers to/from Cebu effective August 1, 2020.
July 19, 2020
Passengers bound to Oriental Mindoro
Effective immediately, all LSIs, ROFs, and APORs entering the province of Oriental Mindoro are now required to present a negative RT-PCR test result issued within 24 hours from the travel date.
July 18, 2020
Passengers bound to Aklan & Antique
The following requirements will be need when traveling to Aklan and Antique effective July 23, 2020.
Locally Stranded Individuals (LSIs)
- Travel authority issued by the Joint Task Force Covid Shield
- Negative RT-PCR Test Result conducted by a DOH-Acredited Testing Facility
- Certificate of Acceptance by the receiving LGU municipality/city with proper corrdination with the Barangay of Destination
Returning Overseas Filipinos (ROF)
- Negative RT-PCR Result
- Quarantine Certification issued by the Department of Health or Bureau of Quarantine
Authorized Persons Outside of Residence (APOR)
- Government ID or Valid Company ID or Certificate of Employment
- Travel Order for Government Officials or Proof of Engagement of their services or Mission Order for Military or PNP Personnel
July 16, 2020
New Community Quarantine Category [July 16-31]
Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ):
- Cebu City
General Community Quarantine (GCQ):
- Region 4A – Cavite, Laguna, Rizal
- Region 7 – Lapu Lapu City, Mandaue City, Concepcion, Minglanilla, Talisay City
- Region 8 – Ormoc City, Southern Leyte
- Region 9 – Zamboanga City
- Region 13 / CARAGA – Agusan Del Norte, Butuan City
- BARMM – Basilan
Modified General Community Quarantine MGCQ-Medium Risk:
- CAR – Baguio City, Benguet
- Region 1 – Dagupan City, Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, La Union, Pangasinan
- Region 2 – Cagayan, Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya
- Region 3 – Angeles City, Bataan, Bulacan, Nueva Ecija, Pampanga, Tarlac, Zambales
- Region 4a – Batangas, Lucena City, Quezon
- Region 4b – Occidental Mindoro, Oriental Mindoro, Puerto Princesa City
- Region 5 – Albay, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Catanduanes, Masbate, Naga City, Sorsogon
- Region 6 – Aklan, Antique, Bacolod City, Capiz, Guimaras, Iloilo City, Iloilo, Negros Occidental
- Region 7 – Bohol, Cebu Province, Negros Oriental
- Region 8 – Biliran, Leyte, Tacloban City, Western Samar
- Region 9 – Zamboanga Del Norte, Zamboanga Del Sur, Zamboanga Sibugay
- Region 10 – Bukidnon, Cagayan De Oro City, Iligan City, Lanao Del Norte, Misamis Occidental
- Region 11 – Davao City, Davao De Oro, Davao Del Norte, Davao Del Sur, Davao Oriental
- Region 12 – Cotabato, General Santos City, South Cotabato, Sultan Kudarat
- Region 13 – Dinagat Island, Agusan Del Sur, Surigao Del Norte, Surigao Del Sur
- BARMM – Lanao Del Sur, Maguindanao
Rest of the Philippines will be on MGCQ-Low Risk.
South Korea-Bound Passengers
Effective July 20, 2020, all South Korea-bound passengers (except South Korea passport holders) departing from Manila, either arriving or transiting at the Incheon International Airport, must present a valid COVID-19 PCR negative test certificate (issued within 48-hours prior to departure) from an accredited hospital designated by the South Korean embassy in the Philippines. Passengers without the certificate will not be allowed to check-in for the flight.
Below are the COVID-19 testing centers accredited by the South Korean Embassy:
Starting July 20, 2020, all Davao-bound passengers will be required to present a negative RT-PCR test result released within 48 hours from the date of departure. Please refer to the memo from CAAP below.
Iloilo-Bacolod route update
As of today, July 16, only APOR are authorized to travel. LSIs are no longer accepted due to full hospital capacity of COVID cases.
July 15, 2020
LSIs bound to Western Visayas
The moratorium on the travel of Locally Stranded Individuals (LSIs) for Region 6 (Western Visayas) is now lifted. Movement of LSIs from places under Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) and Modified ECQ is still not permitted.
Filipinos bound to UAE
Important notice to all Filipinos traveling to Dubai and Abu Dhabi: A negative PCR certificate is required for Filipino passengers going to the United Arab Emirates. The test result must be issued within 72 hours before your travel date.
July 13, 2020
2Go Ferry Schedule in July
Below is the updated 2Go Ferry schedule in the month of July from Manila and Batangas.
- Flights at Ninoy Aquino International Airport on July 15, 2020. The image was taken from NAIA Facebook Page.
July 9, 2020
- The P2P Clark Airport to NAIA / NAIA to Clark Airport service will resume on July 10, 2020. Check here for the updated schedule.
- List of ports with travel restrictions as of July 9, 2020:
July 8, 2020
- Malacañang recently announced that all restrictions on non-essential outbound travel by Filipinos have been lifted by the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID). Filipinos may now travel abroad subject to conditions. Full details here.
July 7, 2020
Operations of MRT 3 operations is temporarily suspended effective today 7 July 2020 until 11 July 2020.
July 2, 2020
Yellow Bus Line announced its temporary bus schedule effective July 3.
July 1, 2020
FastCat announced that Locally Stranded Individuals (LSIs) are no longer accepted for the following routes:
BATANGAS – CALAPAN
BULALACAO- CATICLAN (Vice Versa)
SAN CARLOS – TOLEDO (Vice Versa)
CEBU – TUBIGON (Vice Versa)
MATNOG – DAPDAP (Vice Versa)
MATNOG – SAN ISIDRO (Vise Versa)
LILOAN – LIPATA (Vice Versa)
Only Authorized personnel outside residence (APOR) and Essential rolling cargoes are accepted as of now. We will update this post as soon as this advisory is lifted by their respective LGUs.
Starlite Ferries also made an announcement the following routes are currently not accepting LSIs
- Batangas to Caticlan
- Batangas to Roxas City
- Roxas, Mindoro to Caticlan
- Sibuyan to Roxas City