This is our list of the best tourist spots in Cebu Province, one of the top tourist destinations in the Philippines for both local and foreign travelers.
Cebu is a place popular for its white sand beaches, crystal blue waters, and rich marine life. It is one of the top destinations of tourists coming from other countries and regions across the Philippines. If you are planning to start your travel in this province, don’t miss these top tourist spots in Cebu.
TRAVEL GUIDE CONTENTS
- 1 7 Best Tourist Spots in Cebu, Philippines
- 2 16 Notable Cebu Tourist Spots
- 3 Festivals in Cebu
- 4 Must-Try Food in Cebu
- 5 Where to Stay in Cebu
- 6 How to get to Cebu
- 7 FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM
7 Best Tourist Spots in Cebu, Philippines
Located in Badian, Cebu, you will find a paradise in the middle of a jungle. Kawasan Falls, one of the best tourist spots in Cebu, will welcome you with awe because of its turquoise water where you can spend your time swimming and relaxing. If you want an extraordinary experience, you can ride on a bamboo raft and go under the waterfalls to get your best neck massage.
Osmena Peak is one of the top tourist spots in Cebu that will definitely require your adventurous spirit. The peak stands 1,013 meters above sea level and is considered
You will find Bantayan Island in the Northwest end of Cebu. For those who are seeking of a peaceful place, this island is more than perfect for you. Once you step your feet on the sand, you will feel the fresh air and hear the gentle waves. This island has white sands and a clean shore. The ambiance in this paradise would make you come back again.
Have you heard about the Camotes Sea yet? If not, you would want to visit the Camotes Islands in the Camotes Sea to find out its true beauty. The name of the island was derived from the fruit our ancestors were harvesting–they call it sweet potato or “Camote” in local dialect–during the Spanish Colonial Period. Setting the name aside, this place is a sweet heaven for the people who want to experience living a tropical life even for a short period of time.
One of the top tourist spots in Cebu popular among locals and foreigners is Magellan’s Cross. This place plays an important role in the history of the province since this represents the birth of Christianity in the region. The history also dates us back to when Ferdinand Magellan headed an exploration of Portuguese and Spaniards.
Sumilon Island is situated in Oslob, Cebu. This is where you can find an exceptional diving site with clear waters and rich marine resources underneath. Within the islands are popular attractions such as the sand bar that changes colors and shapes depending on the time of the day and natural lagoons amidst the mangroves and caves.
Fort San Pedro
If history excites you, don’t miss out the Fort San Pedro in Cebu City. It was a military base during the Spanish period under the authority of Miguel Lopez de Legaspi–the first ever governor of the Captaincy General of the country. Today, it serves as a tourist spot for most people visiting the province.
16 Notable Cebu Tourist Spots
Cebu Taoist Temple
Beverly Hills Subdivision, Cebu City
Temple of Leah
Cebu Transcentral Hwy, Cebu City
Sirao Flower Garden
Brgy. Sirao, Cebu City
Tañon Strait, South Cebu
Oslob Whale Sharks
Natalio Bacalso Avenue, Oslob, Cebu
Brgy Natalio Bacalso Avenue, Oslob, Cebu
Lindogon, Simala, Sibonga, Cebu
Basilica del Sto. Niño
Pilgrim’s Center, Osmeña Blvd, Cebu City
Casa Gorordo Museum
35 Eduardo Aboitiz St, Cebu City
731 M. J. Cuenco Ave, Cebu City
Cebu Ocean Park
SM Seaside Complex, F. Vestil St, Cebu City
Malapascua, North Cebu
Sardines in Moalboal
Moalboal, South Cebu
Lapu-Lapu City and the Municipality of Cordova
Yap-Sandiego Ancestral House
Mabini St, Cebu City
Cebu Provincial Capitol
Festivals in Cebu
- Sinulog Festival in Cebu City
- Pintos Festival in Bogo City, Cebu
- Kadaugan sa Mactan in Lapu-Lapu City
- Haladaya Festival in Daanbantayan, Cebu
- La Torta Festival in Argao, Cebu
- Toslob Festival in Oslob, cebu
- Tag-Anito Festival in Tudela, Cebu
- Kabkaban Festival in Carcar, Cebu
- Bodbod Festival in Catmon, Cebu
- Camotes Cassava Festival in Camotes Island
- Tagbo Festival in Poro, Camotes Island
- Silmugi Festival in Borbon, cebu
- Utanon Festival in Dalaguete, Cebu
- Sarok Festival in Consolacion
- Hinatdan Festival in Ginatilan Cebu
- Tostado Festival in Santander, Cebu
Must-Try Food in Cebu
- Cebu Lechon at Rico’s Lechon, Unit 3 & 4 Mactan Promenade, Airport Road, Ibo, Lapu-Lapu City or you can also have it in Carcar, Cebu
- Lechon Belly at Cebu’s Original Lechon Belly in Escario St., Cebu City
- Tuslob Buwa at Azul in the Taft Business Center on Gorordo Ave., Cebu City
- Pochero at Kusina Uno in F. Cabahug, Cebu City
- Siomai sa Tisa in Tisa, Labangon, Cebu City
- Ngohiong at Carlos Special Ngohiong
- Baby back ribs at Casa Verde
- Nilarang Bakasi at Entoy’s Bakasihan in Cordova, Cebu
- Linarang na Tagotongan (puffer fish) at Esmen’s Nilarang in Pasil, Cebu City
- Barbecue + puso rice at Larsian or at Yaksi in Cebu City.
Where to Stay in Cebu
Depending on where you plan to go in Cebu, the province has many hotels, resorts, and hostels to accommodate every guest. The majority of the accommodations are located in Cebu City but they are pretty much everywhere. The entire province is a popular tourist destination, so, wherever you go, you can expect a decent place to stay. Check out these hotels and hostels in Cebu or you may also consider staying at these Airbnb units in Cebu.
How to get to Cebu
Cebu is one of the top tourist destinations in the Philippines. Many carriers both local and international have flights to and from Cebu Mactan International Airport. There are also boats and buses that connect the province to other islands in the Philippines. Book your flight to Cebu now.