Tranquility, calmness and lushness are just some of the words that best describe Lake Danao in the island of Camotes in Cebu. The emerald green lake is surrounded by the greenest vegetation and stunning landscape. It offers peaceful environment, exciting adventure and diverse wildlife. The enthralling ambiance matched with gentle breeze of the winds makes this spot a popular romantic getaway for couples, family bondings and team building activities.
|Experience serenity at Lake Danao Park.|
Lake Danao is situated in the Municipality of San Francisco. It is 30 to 1 hour away from Santiago White Beach and Mangodlong Rock Resort. The Local government unit of San Francisco is responsible for preserving, conserving the developing the lake to become one the most popular eco-tourism spots in the province of Cebu. The community around the lake is also participating in maintaining the guitar-shaped lake. They want to protect the different species of flora and fauna, different kinds of migratory birds, wild ducks, and different species of fresh water fish that inhabits the lake’s delicate ecosystem. They used the PHP30 entrance fee to fund their maintenance and for cleaning the facilities.
|Welcome to Lake Danao!|
Lake Danao is dubbed as a “Lover’s Lake” due its romantic and dreamy atmosphere. It is ideal for weddings, lunch dates and pre-nuptial activities. There are cafés and restaurant, souvenir shops, swimming pool and a mini zoo inside the park. Tourist can enjoy the full view of the lake while having a sumptuous lunch in their huts and cottages dotted around the lake. The lake is relatively quiet and peaceful aside from the singing of birds and the laughter of some local kids.
|Lets paddle around.|
TOP THREE MUST TRY ACTIVITIES IN LAKE DANAO PARK
Kayaking is one of the most exciting things to do in the park. It is the best way to explore the lake and feel its tranquility. You can go in any direction around the lake and be mesmerized by the sheer beauty of the surroundings. The water is deep green combined with leafy atmosphere. Kayak is available for Php 50 per head for 30 minutes. Also, there are numerous stories that there are fresh water crocodiles in the lake but in the past 10 years no attacks has ever been recorded. Just be careful though.
If you really want to be adventurous then you should definitely try their zipline. For just Php 70 per head you can experience a different kind of high from the platform to another islet that sits farther away from the main park. The experience may be quick but you will surely enjoy the breathtaking view above. Also, if you are not a water or lake person then this activity is for you.
“Sakanaw” is more of a family or friends get together activity. This is basically a cruise that will take you around the lake while having a delicious lunch or a drinking session. For 1 hour you can experience a memorable scenic view of the lake as it goes around its coast. The visitors can also visit the tiny islet and spend their remaining time taking pictures or simply savor the wonders of nature. For Php 500 you can rent “sakanaw” for 1 hour. This floating cottage is powered by an outrigger boat and can accommodate 15 persons with built in tables and chairs.
HOW TO GET TO LAKE DANAO?
- Book a ticket from Manila to Cebu.
- Cebu Pacific, Philippine Airlines and Air Asia Have direct flights daily to Mactan International airport. Check rates and book here.
- From Mactan International Airport, ride a taxi going to Cebu Port.
- Buy your tickets going to Camotes Island or book online in advance.
- Ocean Jet is the fastest option going to Camotes. It will take 2 hours from Cebu to Camotes. Fare is PHP 500. Terminal Fee is PHP 25.
- From Poro, Camotes pier hired a motorcycle around PHP 500 to PHP 1000 going to Lake Danao Park.
- If you are traveling in a big group it is much better to rent a multicab at around PHP 1000 to PHP 1500.
- You can opt to visit Santiago White Beach and Mangodlong Rock Resort since it is just 30 minutes to 1 hour away from Lake Danao Park.
HOTELS IN CAMOSTES ISLAND : WHERE TO STAY IN CAMOTES
Big Z pension HousePoro,Camotes Cebu
- Walking distance from Poro, Camotes pier
- For bookings and reervations look for: Irene- 09233383826
Aladdin Beach Resort
San Francisco, Pajican Island, Camotes Island
Contact number: 0999 997 0701
Check rates and availability
Check rates and availability
- Free Wi-fi
- 1 hour away from Lake Danao Park
“Leave no Trace”
- Plan ahead and prepare.
- Travel and camp on durable surfaces.
- Dispose of waste properly.
- Minimize campfire impacts (be careful with fire).
- Respect wildlife.
- Be considerate of other visitors.
About the Author:
Edss Tolentino is an aspiring travel writer. He loves adventure, isolated beaches and islands and a bottle of beer under the tropical sun. He wants to explore the 7,641 islands of the Philippines and share its beauty to the world.