Planning for a day tour in Antique? Here’s our day trip to Tibiao featuring some of the top tourist spots in Antique.
Looking for an eco-adventure destination in Panay Island? Tibiao in the province of Antique may just be the right place for you! The town offers a number of interesting and adrenaline-pumping eco-adventures like river tubing, white water river kayaking, nature trekking and a whole lot more!
A day trip to Tibiao, Antique: Visiting some of the top tourist spots in Antique
We only had a day to spend in Tibiao but we managed to squeeze our itinerary and experienced some of the best attractions in the town. Ideally, you should spend at least a night to see more, but for travelers with limited time, you can still maximize your visit and have fun in Tibiao in a day.
Here are some of the tourist spots in Antique you can visit or try in Tibiao.
Tibiao, Antique Kawa Hot Bath
Never leave Tibiao without trying the relaxing Kawa Hot Bath. It’s one of the must-try activities in Tibiao and I guarantee you it’s worth it. A big cauldron (kawa) filled with water and a “flavor” of your choice are set into a fire to make a warm bath. You can have a milk bath (P399), beer bath (P399), coffee bath (P399) or even a wine bath (P599). The Tibiao River in the background makes the experience more soothing and relaxing.
Tibiao Fish Spa
Tibiao Fish Spa is another tourist attraction you shouldn’t miss. Enjoy a tranquilizing experience overlooking the Tibiao River. You will feel ticklish at first but it will fade after a short while and you will start loving the whole experience. It costs P119/30 minutes if you don’t avail of the package.
Lunch by the River in Tibiao
To make your Calawag Mountain Resort experience more fun and
River Tubing in Tibiao
If you are a thrill seeker, then you must try Calawag Mountain Resort’s Extreme River Tubing. It’s an exciting way to enjoy the clear and wild water of the Tibiao River. It’s definitely one of my favorite activities in Tibiao. For only P399, you get to enjoy the rapids of Tibiao River.
Other Activities you can try at Calawag Mountain Resort in Tibiao, Antique:
- Basic Kayaking (P499/30 minutes)
- Extreme Kayaking (P899)
- Full Body Massage (P349)
- Coffee Body Scrub (P349)
How to Get to Tibiao, Antique?
Tibiao is relatively easy to reach. The best way to get there is via Caticlan but of course, you can also fly via Kalibo, Roxas or Iloilo but it will take more time to reach Tibiao.
Going to Tibiao from Caticlan
Caticlan is the closest airport to Tibiao so it’s the most ideal jump-off point when you visit the town.
- From Caticlan Airport, you can take a tricycle to the jetty port. From there, you can take a Ceres bus going to San Jose, Antique.
- Tell the driver or the conductor to drop you off in Tibiao. Most likely, they know where to drop you but if not, tell them to drop you at Barangay Importante (Petron Station).
- Take a motorcycle (habal-habal) to Barangay Tuno. Fare is around P70 and travel time is around 10 minutes.
- Before reaching the resort, the motorcycle driver will make a quick stop for you to register and pay the environmental fee of P50.
Going to Tibiao from Kalibo
- From Kalibo Airport, take a tricycle to the terminal of Ceres Bus.
- Hop on a bus bound to San Jose, Antique.
- Follow the rest of the instructions above.
Going to Tibiao from Iloilo City
- Go to Iloilo’s Molo Terminal, take a van or bus bound for Caticlan, Pandan, or Culasi. Make sure you don’t hop on a bus to San Jose since it’s in a different way. If so, you will have to get off in San Jose and take another bus to Caticlan, Pandan or Culasi.
Going to Tibiao from Roxas City
- From Roxas, take a van at the Roxas City Integrated Transport Terminal bound to Kalibo, travel time is around two hours.
- From there, follow the instructions above.
To book your adventures in Tibiao, you may contact Calawag Mountain Resort at: website : http://www.katahum.com mobile : 0917-4503121 or 0947-5316518 email: firstname.lastname@example.org