I was sitting in a café one evening wondering about my next adventure. I was looking for a place that is filled with stunning sceneries, hospitable locals, tropical vibe and a place where I can totally find peace and serenity. As I was searching online, I was intrigued by a blog about Cagbalete Island. The Island looks beautiful and the island atmosphere seems perfect. I quickly got hooked so I decided to visit Cagbalete for my next weekend adventure.
|A tropical dream|
Quezon Province is jam-packed with beautiful destinations and pristine islands. One of the best islands to visit in this province is Cagbalete Island. The island is the go to destination for backpackers and weekenders to escape the stressful life in the city. This island offers stunning view and a relaxing mood. This tropical island is a great place to chill and to have fun.
|Sugary white sand, azure water and the refreshing vibe of Cagbalete Island.|
Cagbalete Island is surrounded with turquoise blue water, crystal clear shore, fine white sand and lush vegetation. The island is a tropical paradise that offers a wide variety of attractions and activities. During low tide a long and wide sand bar appear at the horizon. The sand bar is an ideal playground for beach lovers and for those who just want to relax and to savor the tropical heat of the sun. Since the island is a 4 to 7 hours away from the country’s capital, this pristine island is one of the top choices for budget travelers and weekend warriors. This mesmerizing paradise is a must-visit place. Overnight camping is allowed. There are tents for rent and rooms that can accommodate large groups of travelers. Small diners are available in the island that serves freshly cooked seafood matched with a refreshing fruit shake.
|The path that leads to the community where you can buy fresh seafood.|
HOW TO GET THERE:
- Jac liner and DLTB bus have daily trips to Lucena Grand terminal in their bus station in Buendia and Cubao. The first trip starts at around 2 in the morning. Travel time will take up to 3 to 4 hours. Fare is around Php 270 (one way)
- From Lucena Grand Terminal ride an ordinary bus bound for Mauban Port. Travel time is approximately 1 to 2 hours. Fare is Php 60 to 70.
- Upon arrival in Mauban port, visit the tourism office and pay Php 50 per persons for the environmental fee. Also there a Php 30 is collected for the terminal fee. There are passenger boats that will take you to Cagbalete Island. Travel time is around 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Leave early especially if you are planning to visit Cagbalete Island during weekends. It can be really crowded in Mauban port that can cause delays.
- Buy all the necessary stuff at Mauban Market. The prices is much cheaper compare to the prices in the island.
- If you opt for overnight camping, you must bring your own tent to save money.
- Bring sun block and mosquito repellent.
- Bring extra money for unplanned activities such as snorkeling,island hopping and beach volleyball.
WHERE TO STAY:
Joven ‘s Blue sea Resort
Contact details: 0939 289 97562
Website: www. Cagbaletejovenresort.co.nr
Pansacola Beach Resort
Contact number: 0917 546 5901
Dona choleng’s Camping Resort
Contact number: 0910 882 3346
Contact number: 0915 211 7037
About the Author:
Edss Tolentino is an aspiring travel writer, adventure junkie and a seeker of the unknown. His goal is to explore the 7,641 islands of the Philippines and share its beauty to the world.