The Philippines is blessed with amazing underwater sights and Anilao in the province of Batangas is one of the go-to places for people who want to discover and re-discover the underwater world. The province is less than three hours away from the capital city of Manila making it an ideal getaway during weekends and short holiday breaks. It’s home to some of the best beach resorts and dive resorts in the Philippines. [Read: Montemaria Virgin Mary Shrine in Batangas]
Eagle Point Beach and Dive ResortThe’re a lot of beach resorts in Batangas and one of the most popular resorts is Eagle Point Beach and Dive Resort. They invited me to experience their resort in 2017 but since I am already based in Davao, I wasn’t able to visit last year. So, when I had a scheduled visit to Manila this month, I immediately told them and they gladly arranged my stay with them. To be honest, the only reason I visited Batangas was to experience Eagle Point Beach and Dive Resort since I have heard a lot of good reviews about them, plus I also wanted to see Sepoc Island, a private island owned by Eagle Point. Check rates and reviews.
Anilao Batangas Terrace HotelMy room is located at the resort’s Anilao Batangas Terrace Hotel. It’s a relatively new facility with a Mediterranean inspired concept overlooking the Balayan Bay. The terrace hotel has 40 spacious and furnished rooms – 32 deluxe rooms with sea-view balconies and 8 superior rooms with views of the jungle. I got a deluxe room and it was fantastic. Imagine waking up to a view of the Balayan Bay. It was indeed relaxing! Book now!
Eagle’s Nest Bar and Restaurant
My stay at Eagle Point Beach and Dive Resort was made more satisfying with the presence of Eagle’s Nest Bar and Restaurant. I went there on a weekday so there was no breakfast buffet. I had to order their set menu for breakfast with a variety of choices from Filipino, Continental, American breakfast and more. I tried their Filipino and American breakfast set and they were good with generous serving amount.
I also had a chance to order some of their best-selling and mus-try dishes and desserts during my stay. They were all good and was made out of fresh ingredients.
|Coconut Shake (Php150)|
|Mango Chicken (Php275)|
|ERP Calamansi Pie (Php125)|
|Shrimp Scampi (Php420)|
|Mango Shake (Php150)|
Aside from the good food, I also love the view and the ambiance of Eagle’s Nest Bar and Restaurant. It’s just a perfect place to enjoy the food.
If you are more into pools than the open sea, don’t worry, Eagle Point Beach and Dive Resort got you covered. It offers a two-level pool as well as a saltwater reef pool.
The two level main pool at Eagle Point Beach Resort and Hotel in Batangas features a waterfall and a slide for both children and adults. It is situated near Eagle’s Nest and provides a great view of the ocean.
Just a few steps away from the two-level pool is the saltwater Reef Pool. It’s about 12 feet deep pool ideal for snorkelers and novice scuba divers.
Activities at Eagle Point Beach and Dive Resort
Eagle Point Beach and Dive Resort is a secluded beach resort in Batangas. But, don’t you worry as it offers a variety of activities that you can enjoy. You can do snorkeling, swimming, kayaking, and diving. Below are the rates of the activities:
- Kayaking at Php504.00/hour
- Mask and snorkel at Php224.00/day use
- Intro dive at Php3,360.00/person
- Banana boat at Php 1,500.00/5 person
- Glass Bottom Boat at Php 7,500.00/12 person
- Try scuba at Php1,680.00/person
- Click here to know more about their dive packages
A side trip to Sepoc IslandOne of the must-do activities when you stay at Eagle Point Beach and Dive Resort is to have a side trip to Sepoc Island. For only Php2,464 (USD50) good for 8 people, you can have a day trip in the exclusive island.
I visited Sepoc Island on my second day in the resort. I left Eagle Point at around 8 in the morning and arrived at Sepoc Island in less than 30 minutes. I stayed there until lunch time and had a lunch by the beach which I arranged from Eagle Point. I was the only guest in the island so it was all for myself. I had a relaxing day!
How to go to Eagle Point Beach and Dive Resort?
- From Manila – go south on the South Expressway (SLEX) until the end of the toll gate.
- Go straight and travel 7.5km to the start of STAR Tollway.
- Enter STAR Tollway and go to the very end towards Batangas City (~40km).
- At the end of STAR Tollway, at the rotunda, cross Manila-Batangas Highway and go onto Diversion Road towards Batangas International Port, and travel 3.5km.
- RIGHT turn under over-pass onto Batangas-Balayan Highway towards Bauan, and travel 3.8km.
- LEFT turn after Manghinao Bridge, Bauan towards Mabini, and travel 9.5km.
- RIGHT turn on Mabini rotunda towards Anilao, and travel 1.7km.
- LEFT turn on coastal road in Anilao towards Barrio Bagalangit, and travel 8.8km.
- RIGHT turn on EAGLE POINT RESORT private road and go to the very end to EPR parking lot (1.5km).
If you are commuting from Manila:
- Take a bus bound to Batangas from QC, Alabang or Buendia and alight at Batangas Grand Terminal. Take the bus that has a “Calabarzon” sign board for a faster travel time. Fare from Buendia is Php157 (USD3). Travel time is around 2 hours or more depending on the traffic situation.
- From Batangas Grand Terminal, take a jeep to Mabini Public Market. Fare is Php37. Travel time is between 1-2 hours depending on the traffic situation especially in the town of Bauan, Batangas.
- From Mabini Public Market, take a tricycle to Eagle Point Resort. Fare is not fixed, so you can haggle. The resort told me to pay around Php200 but I couldn’t find one with that rate. The drivers usually ask for P300-350 so I haggle for Php250. Travel time is around 45 minutes.
- The tricycle will drop you at the resort’s parking area which is still a bit far from the resort itself. A car will take you from the parking area to the resort.
Eagle Point Beach and Dive ResortResort Address:
Barangay Bagalangit, Anilao, Mabini, Batangas, Philippines
Mobile:+63 9178463958 and +63 9188463958
Book via Agoda
Makati Sales Office:
Ground Floor, Cacho Gonzalez Bldg.101 Aguirre cor. Trasierra Sts.,
Legazpi Village, Makati City, Philippines
Telephone: +63 2 8133553, Fax/Ph: +63 2 8133560
Mobile: +63 917-5625223 / 0917-8164950 / 0917-7125024 / 0920-9776694