Our comprehensive Sri Lanka Travel Guide to help you plan your next vacation. Includes hotel recommendation and list of must-visit tourist spots.
Sri Lanka is a small island country in South Asia, situated southeast of India and northeast of the Maldives. It contains a good mixture of pristine beaches, remarkable nature and wildlife, spectacular landscapes, and a rich cultural heritage. Here’s our Sri Lanka Travel Guide for your reference.
TRAVEL GUIDE CONTENTS
- 1 Getting to Sri Lanka
- 2 When is the best time to Visit Sri Lanka?
- 3 SRI LANKA ACCOMMODATION: Where to Stay in Sri Lanka on a budget
- 4 SRI LANKA RESTAURANTS : What and Where to Eat in Sri Lanka
- 5 SRI LANKA TOURIST SPOTS: What to Do and See in Sri Lanka
- 6 SRI LANKA TRAVEL ITINERARY : How to Maximize your Stay in Sri Lanka
Getting to Sri Lanka
Finding a cheap ticket to Sri Lanka from Southeast Asia is relatively easy. There’s AirAsia which connects Malaysia to Colombo in Sri Lanka and other airlines that usually have promotions during off-peak season. I suggest you check Wego as they usually offer cheap fare rates compared to other booking sites.
When is the best time to Visit Sri Lanka?
Sri Lanka is an all-year round destination but the best time to visit the entire country is on January to April and Mid July to September. If you are planning to visit the North and East side of the country, the best time to visit is on February to September. Please take note that Sri Lanka has two monsoon seasons : May to July (South-West Monsoon) and October to January (North-East Monsoon).
SRI LANKA ACCOMMODATION: Where to Stay in Sri Lanka on a budget
- Cheap Places to Stay in Colombo
- Cheap Places to Stay in Nuwara Eliya
- Cheap Places to Stay in Ella
- Cheap Places to Stay in Mirissa
SRI LANKA RESTAURANTS : What and Where to Eat in Sri Lanka
SRI LANKA TOURIST SPOTS: What to Do and See in Sri Lanka
SRI LANKA TRAVEL ITINERARY : How to Maximize your Stay in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Itinerary & Expenses
- Backpacking Sri Lanka Travelogue
- Bus Schedule from Ella to Mirissa and other parts of Sri Lanka
- Train schedule from Colombo to other parts of Sri Lanka