Diggs-Jansen Development Corporation has recently turned over the 5-year Lianga Tourism Master Development Plan to the local officials of the Heritage Beach Town of Lianga in Surigao del Sur during the 98th Araw ng Lianga on October 17, 2017. It was received by Mayor Homer Pedrozo, and witnessed by other local government officials, officers of the Mindanao Tourism Council (MinTC) headed by its president, Araceli Lanoy Ayuste, and the people of Lianga. (Read: Discovering the Wonders of Surigao del Sur)
Aside from he ceremonial turnover, the local government unit of Lianga also entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with MinTC for coaching and mentoring in the next five years to ensure faithful implementation of the tourism road map.
|MinTC Executive Director Jonalier M. Perez|
|Lianga LGU Officials and MinTC Officers|
|Lianga Mayor Homer Pedrozo and MinTC President Araceli Lanoy Ayuste|
Lianga is an old community once part of a Spanish encomienda as early as 1655 under then Spanish military administrator Sergeant Martin Sanchez dela Cuesta.
Today, Lianga is set to become the next tourist destination in Surigao del Sur. It is home to a number of heritage houses, pristine beaches, turquoise-blue river, and abundant seafoods harvested at the Lianga Bay and the Philippine Sea.
What to expect in the next five years?
- Expansion of the reclaimed area and further development in the existing Lianga Bay walk.
- Restoration of Puro, a heritage lighthouse.
- A boardwalk that will connect the lighthouse to the bay walk.
- Enhancement of the existing Bao-Bao Falls Eco-Tourism Park.
- Introduction of water tubing adventure at Lolo Marcelo Underground Spring River.
- Development of the Andanan River and nearby mangrove forest into a tourism complex.