Applying for a Japan Tourist Visa is not as tedious as you might have thought. The process is easy as getting a Philippine passport, you just have to religiously follow what is in the guideline and in less than a week or so you will have your Japan Tourist visa and you’re good to go. [Read: Japan Embassy Accredited Travel Agencies in the Philippines]
Recent info as of November 26, 2018 – there are now two embassy-accredited agencies in Davao: Discovery Tour, Inc. and Attic Tours Phils. Inc. [Check out our TOKYO TRAVEL GUIDE]
Japan Tourist Visa Requirement:
- validity of more than 6 mos. at the time of departure from Japan
- has at least 2 blank pages left
- with signature
- can be downloaded from the Japan Embassy website. Japan Visa Application Form
- must be printed on A4-sized bond paper
- no erasures
- 4.5cm x 4.5cm or 2in x 2in with white background
- Make sure you follow the right size to avoid delays in your application.
- If non-record in the PSA: Provide PSA Certificate of Non-Record with Birth Certificate from the Local Civil Registrar
- In non-record in the PSA and LCR: Provide Certificate of Non-Record from the PSA and the LCR
- If not clear/unreadable: Provide Birth Certificate from the LCR
- If it has late registration label: Provide original Baptismal Certificate and certified true copy of Form 137 from Grade School or High School. Indicate the address and contact number of the church and school.
- If not clear/unreadable: Provide Marriage Certificate from the LCR
- Can be downloaded from the Japan Embassy website -must be printed on A4-sized bond paper
- Download the Guarantee Letter in English here.
- You can get this from your bank for a fee. Some banks release it in hours, some may take a day or two.
- Must be printed on A4-sized bond paper
- If you are a freelancer and do not have an ITR, you may write a letter of explanation address to the Visa Releasing Officer like what I did. Sample below.
- Can be downloaded from the Japan Embassy website -must be printed on A4-sized bond paper. You may download it from here: Schedule of Stay Format
- Additional Documents must be printed on A4-sized bond paper.
- PSA and LCR documents are original and valid for 1 year.
- For applicants who have been to Japan, include original old passport with used Japan visa.
- Handling fee is P1,500/applicant. Additional postage fee of P300.00 for non-Davao applicants.
- Office hours are Monday to Friday (9:00 am to 11:30 am; 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm) ; Saturday (9:00 am to 11:30 am).
Discovery Tour, Inc. (DAVAO)
ATTIC TOURS PHILS.,INC (DAVAO)
Level 3, SM City Davao, Quimpo Blvd., Talomo Davao City