Everything you need to know about Albay Province: Where to Stay, Where to Eat, What to Do, How to Get There and Basic Phrases to Get You Started
Albay is one of the provinces in the Bicol Region. It’s capital is Legazpi City, home to the perfect cone-shape Mayon Volcano. The Province of Albay is truly one of the most visited places in Bicol Region.
Where to Stay in Legazpi, Albay
Legazpi City is the provincial capital and a lot of accommodations are available in the city ranging from inns and hotels to suites and hotels. Below are the recommended accommodations in Albay – some of them are cheap and others are a bit pricey. Choosing which place to stay really depends on your budget. Check Hotel rates in Legazpi.
1. Casablanca Suites
2. The Oriental LegazpiThe Oriental Legazpi sits on the hills of Taysan which offers an amazing panoramic view of Legazpi’s Cityscape and the Mount Mayon.Address: Taysan Hills, Sto. Niño Village, Legazpi Phone: (052) 742-8888Check hotel rates.
3. Ellis Ecotel
Ellis Ecotel is located inside the Embarcadero de Legazpi.
Address: 3rd Floor, Embarcadero, Port Area, Legazpi
Phone: (052) 481-4888/480-4088
4. Legazpi Tourist InnThe Legazpi Tourist Inn is situated right at the center of the Legazpi Central Business District.Address: Quezon Avenue corner Lapu-Lapu Street, Legazpi Phone: (052) 820-4880/214-5105 Fax: (052) 480-6147Check hotel rates
5. Sampaguita Tourist Inn
Sampaguita Tourist Inn is a hostel which is ideal for backpackers and tourists who have limited budgets for accommodation.
Address: Rizal St., Legazpi Port District, Legazpi
Phone: (052) 480-6258/480-186
Where to Eat In Legazpi City
1. Small Talk Cafe
Small Talk cafe offers tasty and delicious local cuisines with a twist.
Address: 051 Dona Aurora St., 4500 Legazpi City
Phone: (052) 480 1393
2. Waway’s Restaurant
Address: Peñaranda Extension, Bonot, Legazpi City
Phone: (052) 480-8415
3. Food Stalls in Quezon Ave. and Rizal St.
Cheap and affordable authentic Bicolano cuisines. Food stalls start opening before sunset.
Things to do in Albay
1. Visit the Cagsawa Ruins and get up close with Mt. Mayon and see the ruins of Cagsawa Church.
2. Hike up Lignon Hill and enjoy a great view of the city and Mt.Mayon
3. Explore Century Old Churches in Daraga and Tabaco, Albay
4. Experience the Kawa-kawa Hill in Ligao, Albay
5. Spend the night at the Embarcadero de Legazpi
6. Feast on Local Cuisines like Bicol Express, Pinangat, Chili Ice Cream and a lot more.
How To Get There
By Air: Major carriers (Philippine Airlines & Cebu Pacific) have multiple daily flights to and from Legazpi Airport.
By Land: Several bus companies (Philtranco, Isarog Bus Line, Cagsawa Tours & Superlines) have multiple daily bus trips to Legazpi, Ligao and Tabaco and other parts of the Bicol region from Manila and even from Davao City passing through the Maharlika Highway.
Basic Phrases in Bikol
Good Morning / Afternoon / Evening : Dios marhay na aga / hapon / banggi po
Can you help me: : Patabang man tabi?
How much? : Gurano po?
Can I get a discount? : May inâ pa?
Excuse me. : Tabi po.
Thank you. : Dios mabalos po.
What is this / that? : Ano po ini / iyan?
How do I get to (name of place)? : Pano po paduman sa (name of place)?
How far is (name of place) : Pira karayo an (name of place)?
This is delicious! : Masiramon!
I love you. : Padangat ta ka.
Bye, see you soon : Paaram, hilingin kita guiraray
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/escapemanila
Twitter : https://twitter.com/escapemanila
Subscribe by Email:
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner